Best TV / Display (Conventional)
The Smart Building Awards 2022 are trade-only awards, meaning consumers are not permitted to enter any category. Each award will be judged fairly by an expert panel based on the criteria set out for each category. The judges will individually score each entry,
There is a qualifying period which will define which entries will be valid. This period will be between January 2021 and June 2022. That means any product launched, or project completed, before or after these dates will not be eligible to enter.
Each category will have a 500-word limit, while a further 250 words will be available to explain why you think you deserve to win the award. There will be different criteria for each award category, and while it’s not mandatory to meet every criteria point, there will be a certain number of boxes you will have to check before your entry is eligible.
The awards are completely FREE to enter and there is no limit on the number of categories or number of submissions you can tender. Entries will close on August 8 2022.
Best TV / Display (Conventional) Criteria
Who can enter: The best TV/display (conventional) category can be entered by either a distributor or manufacturer who has announced or released a conventional TV or display during the qualifying period. A representative, such as a PR company, may also enter their client.
When entries close: Your entry should be submitted by August 8 2022.
What we’re looking for: The TV/display (conventional) category will be hotly contested one, thanks to countless launches of TVs in the past year.
- Picture Quality: Does your TV or display support 4K resolution and HDR? If so, how have these technologies been implemented, is it Dolby Vision or HDR10+, and how is the image quality significantly better than what’s offered by your competitors. If you’re not using 4K or HDR, then what are you doing to push the boundaries of Full HD, ensuring users get the best picture quality possible.
- Ease of Install: How easy is your TV or display to install and calibrate? Tell us what technologies you have implemented to ensure that installers can quickly and easily set-up the TV.
- Connections: What connections does the TV or display support? How many HDMI ports are on the back of the TV or display, or are there other connections that help make your TV or display stand out. Is it using the latest HDMI standard, and if not, why not?
- Technologies: Does your TV or display improve on traditional LCD panels? Is it OLED, QLED or some other new technology?
- Other: What other features does your TV or display support that pushes forward the industry? It could be as simple as the ability to upscale HD imagery to 4K without being able to discern it from native 4K content, or maybe it offers super low latency for pristine gaming quality.
Entry Judging: This entry will be judged based on three criteria. The judge will give a weighted score based on the overall quality of the TV or display, based on the words provided. Additional scores will be given for both design and functionality.
Additional Materials Required: In order to judge on design, please supply up to three images of the product. We also require an image of the company’s logo. Entrants may also supply up to one page of supporting evidence, such as testimonials, press coverage, case studies, spec sheets.