Best Security Solution
The Smart Building Awards 2019 are trade-only awards, meaning consumers are not permitted to enter any category. Each award will be judged fairly by an expert panel based on the criteria set out for each category. The judges will individually score each entry, meaning none of the members on the judging panel will know the winner until it is announced on the evening of the event.
There is a qualifying period which will define which entries will be valid. This period will be between September 2017 and March 2019. That means any product launched, or project completed, before or after these dates will not be eligible to enter.
Each category will have a 600-word limit, while a further 250 words will be available to explain why you think you deserve to win the award. There will be different criteria for each award category, and while it’s not mandatory to meet every criteria point, there will be a certain number of boxes you will have to check before your entry is eligible.
The awards are completely FREE to enter and there is no limit on the number of categories or number of submissions you can tender. Entries will close on 22 February 2019.
25.02.19: GREAT NEWS! DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Due to unprecedented demand and requests, we have extended the entry deadline by two weeks. So you now have until 11.30pm on Friday 8 March 2019 to put pen to paper (in a digital sense) and submit your entries!
Best Security Solution Criteria
Who can enter: The best security solution category can be entered by either a distributor or manufacturer who has announced or released a security solution during the qualifying period, or has released an update to an existing security solution. A representative, such as a PR company, may also enter their client.
When entries close: Your entry should be submitted by March 8.
What we’re looking for: High-end homes need to remain secure, so why should installers choose your security solution?
- Ease of Install: How easy is it to install your security solution? Are the cameras wired or wireless? Are there any features installers should be aware of that make ease of installation a breeze?
- Security: What have you done to ensure that the security solution is secure and not susceptible to being hacked?
- AV Quality: In terms of cameras, how good is the AV quality provided by these cameras? What technologies have you employed to ensure that a potential criminal could be caught – is it facial recognition or a 4K resolution?
- Control Compatibility: Can your security solution be linked in with third-party control systems? Does it offer PTZ, or other features that make controlling the system easy?
- Design: What design features have you incorporated to make this security solution work effectively? Does it blend into the background or does it deter would-be criminals?
- Other: Any other features that make this the go-to security solution?
Entry Judging: This entry will be judged based on three criteria. The judge will give a weighted score based on the overall quality of the security solution, based on the words provided. Additional scores will be given for both design and functionality.
Additional Materials Required: In order to judge on design, please supply up to three images of the product. We also require an image of the company’s logo. Entrants may also supply up to one page of supporting evidence, such as testimonials, press coverage, case studies, spec sheets.